Volunteer at Longmeadow
- Volunteers are needed to rehabilitate and socialize the ranch animals. Duties include:
- Feeding and watering the animals
- Cleaning stalls and corrals
- Mowing grass and performing various maintenance work
This demanding position involves bending, lifting and direct contact with the ranch animals in all types of weather. Daylight hours are available seven days a week. Please be at least 18 years of age and in good physical condition. Work clothes are required.
Tips for Volunteers
We recommend that you have received a Tetanus vaccination within the past 10 years.
Appropriate clothing is important for your safety and comfort
- Closed-toe shoes are required. Work boots are safer than sneakers.
- Jeans and pants are required. No shorts.
- During the summer, we recommend sunscreen and a hat.
- During the winter, warm clothing and gloves are essential.
- Wear clothing and shoes that you don’t mind getting dusty or muddy.
- Bring an extra set of clothes in case you get caught in the rain.
There are no vending machines or fast food restaurants nearby, so please bring your own brown bag lunch and drinks. A refrigerator and microwave oven are available.
Longmeadow Rescue Ranch, located near Union, Missouri, is approximately a one-hour drive from St. Louis. Beautiful scenery and fresh air provided.
How to become a volunteer:
First step? Apply to become a volunteer! Then, you’ll receive information about attending an upcoming Volunteer Orientation Session
Submit your volunteer application now »